May is one of the most popular wedding months, and for good reason. It has the warmer weather and the feeling of rebirth and renewal that spring brings, which is so appropriate for a wedding. May also kicks off what’s known as “peak wedding season”, which runs until October. With that in mind, we’ve put our heads together and come up with some of the best things about celebrating your wedding in May!
- It’s the start of summer, so it’s less likely to clash with other weddings during that season, and it means you can enjoy the rest of the summer partying – not planning.
- Your guests are less likely to have their holidays booked.
- There is a bank holiday, so you could make a really long weekend of it.
- It’s generally a quieter month – unlike June, July, August and September – so you’ll have a good choice of supplier.
- All the spring flowers are out – from daffodils to bluebells
- Guests won’t have wedding fatigue; they’ll have new outfits, more money and will be looking forward to your day all winter.
- Honeymoon locations and trips will be quieter and cheaper as summer season hasn’t kicked off.
- You get the excitement of being one of the first of your friends to have a summer wedding that year – meaning no competition to beat last weekend’s incredible ceremony!
Now that we have worked out that May weddings are a real treat, it’s time to get planning. We’re hosting our wedding showcase on May 19th, from 2pm to 4pm. If the above isn’t enough to get you in the wedding mood for the month, maybe our prize draw will! All who join us on May 19th can enter our draw for a fairytale earlymoon to Disneyland Paris. Get into that May weddings mindset and join us to view our new look hotel!