Top 10 things to do with your Family
Weekend entertainment in Carrigaline & Cork
With rays of sunshine coming out more often, everything looks brighter! There are also more activities and interesting things to do outdoors & indoors. Here is our top 10 pick to do while you are on family break here in Carrigaline:
- Carrigaline-Crosshaven Pedestrian Walk: Crosshaven is a scenic village, located a short drive from the hotel. Visit the beautiful Drake's Pool and stroll along the estuary for several miles.
- Horse-riding: Families can take horse riding lessons in the neighboring Hitchmough's Riding School or Maryville Stables.
- Sailing in Crosshaven: Enjoy sailing from Crosshaven, home to the Royal Cork Yacht Club, the oldest yacht club in the world. Carrigaline Court Hotel is near Crosshaven.
- Camden Fort: History lovers can take a tour of the local Camden Fort during Summer months. You can take stunning photos across Cork Harbour to Cobh in one direction, Spike island in an another and over to Roches Point light house in yet another direction. During the summer months you will find family fun days and some times the rooms are used for local events such as art exhibitions.
- Fota Wildlife Park: Enjoy discounted rates to Fota Wildlife Park, when booked through reception. The park is not like an ordinary zoo; there you can come face to face with free roaming animals & birds from all parts of the world.
- The Jameson Distillery Midleton: On this hour-long guided tour of the old Midleton distillery, you’ll learn about the distillation process, visit a restored 19th-century warehouse where Jameson is aged in oak casks and even have an opportunity to sample some of the finished product.
- Kinsale: Visit the medieval fishing port of Kinsale; one of the most picturesque, popular and historic towns on the south west coast of Ireland.
- Blarney Castle: a world landmark and one of Ireland’s greatest treasures. Enjoy beautiful views, experience gorgeous walk in nature & kiss the most famous stone of Ireland!
- The Titanic Experience Cobh: a permanent visitor centre, located in the original White Star Line Ticket Office in the centre of Cobh town in what was the departure point for the final 123 passengers who boarded the Titanic.
- The English Market: fresh food shopping destination and, even more, an interesting cultural destination, just off the main shopping streets of central Cork City.