Tips on choosing the right wedding dress for you!
Wedding dress shopping is one of the most exciting days in the preparation for your big day! However, no doubt it can be also a little overwhelming when you have thousands of beautiful dresses and dress options that are available. There are tons of silhouettes to choose from, but what you may not know is each of them will enhance your figure. That is exactly why finding the right one is so important to make sure your favourite features stand out.
This is the first thing to consider when deciding on a wedding dress. If your wedding is held in the summer, a lightweight dress that emphasizes your feminine figure can give you a sense of effortless beauty.
Set a budget
The average wedding dress from a bridal boutique costs €1500 but there are much cheaper ways to find a dream dress, and you can also blow the bank if you want to. Agree an amount with your other half and stick to it. Remember to budget for shoes, accessories, bridesmaids etc. too!
Keep your options open
Shop around and keep your options in mind! Don’t narrow your options to the first shop you go to. Make sure you look into all the options, bridal boutiques, high-street shops, online, rental, sample sales, second-hand and charity boutiques.
Last minute tips
• Bring the shoes that you'll be wearing on the wedding day to ensure that your dress has the correct hem length.
• Bring a second pair of eyes, your mother, a bridesmaid, or your wedding planner are good candidates.
• Start looking sooner rather than later. It's never too early to start trying on dresses as it will give you an idea of what you like and what suits you.
• It can take up to six months for a dress to be made to order from a bridal boutique, if you leave it any later you may have to pay extra for a rush order.
• Some bridal boutiques are really popular and you may have to wait several weeks for an appointment, particularly on weekends, evenings, or in January - so if you have your eye on somewhere, book your appointment well in advance.