We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation and Irish data protection legislation. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Obtaining and processing information fairly.
- Keeping information only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Using and disclosing information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keeping information safe, secure, accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensuring that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retaining information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Giving a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you access our website or stay in our hotel, you may be asked to provide us voluntarily with certain information about yourself (personally identifiable information) which is necessary for us to complete our contractual obligations to you. This information will include your name, contact details, address and other information such as credit card details, vehicle registration, the name of your employer if you are making a corporate booking and other information relevant to your stay with us.
If you book your stay with us through a third party website, they will transfer your personal data to us, and we will process it in line with this policy.
We may also process other data, which is not personal data. When you access our website or wi-fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer, and to offer services to you.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect on the website and throughout your stay may be used to enhance your experience in the following ways:
- Confirm your hotel reservation.
- E-mail you in advance of your stay to make preparations.
- Send you correspondence relating to your hotel stay.
- Bill your credit card for Advance Purchase Reservations and Advance Deposits.
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
At the time you submit personal information or make a request, the intended use of the information you submit will be apparent in the context in which you submit it and/or because the site states the intended purpose.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- comply with legislation; and/or
- notify you about changes to our services.
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
When making a reservation or upon checking into the hotel, you have the opportunity to opt in to receive periodic communications regarding promotions and offers from Carrigaline Court Hotel. Likewise, if you sign up to our newsletter, you will be given the opportunity to opt in to receiving these communications. These will contain information related to services which we feel may interest you. If you have chosen to receive them, you may opt to stop receiving these e-mails at any time, via the link that will be provided at the bottom of such emails.
If you decide to make an online reservation through the website, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine provided by our booking management system vendor Net Affinity. All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties[D1] . Your data will be processed by Net Affinity on our behalf for the purposes of making your reservation. Net Affinity will ensure your data is protected in line with this policy and will not retain your data after your booking has been made
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We would like our website visitors to feel confident about using the website to plan and purchase their accommodations, so this hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. Carrigaline Court Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our site is hosted in a secure environment. The website servers/systems are maintained daily, updated and patched with latest security updates. Industry-standard firewalls are monitored and updated. When you enter personal information during the online reservation process or email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission. The Information Security Management Systems of our website hosting company have been deemed compliant with the requirements of ISO 27001:2013 by Certification Europe.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The hotel website may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Carrigaline Court Hotel. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data. -
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: -
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
The data controller and processor of this company for the purposes of GDPR is Carrigaline Court Hotel.
Our Data Protection Officer is Laura Canny and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our site or our services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Policy as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Policy and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at [insert email address], or please contact +353 21 485 2100. All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.